POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation : Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation Server Time
14 May 2024 20:48:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 5 Feb 2003 14:11:27
Message: <3e4161de@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:52:11 +0100, Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
> wrote:
>> The principle is to only render some pixels and calculate the color of
>> other pixels using interpolation.
>
> Sorry, that's not clear for me, is your addition supposed to be an final
> output or just preview ?

Sorry if I was a bit confusing when using the word "preview".

I intend that the rendered/partly interpolated image is the final
image produced by POVRay. BUT you will most likely only use it as
feedback during design, most notably for animations (-> "animation
preview")
Because test-rendering animations always takes too long for me,
I want to try and implement something to achieve slightly less quality
in considerably less time.

Don't know how well it will work or how much savings that will
achieve. But do NOT use the patch I mentioned, it implements just
the first step and produces bad results.

BTW, I'll be VERY busy during the next 4 weeks, but come back
to that issue once I play around with POVRay again (i.e. some time
next month).

Wolfgang