POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media emission as true light source? : Re: Media emission as true light source? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media emission as true light source?
From: hughes, b
Date: 4 Feb 2003 09:04:21
Message: <3e3fc865$1@news.povray.org>
"Neil Conway" <nei### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> is it possible to patch povray to make it treat the emission
> from the media as a "real" light source?  Would this patch be a major job?

It currently works with the diffuse properties of the surface finish. That
makes radiosity applicable only to object textures, and to get media to
interact would need some new way of doing things since I believe it only
deals with surfaces by making intersections with the rays. I guess it would
need to be something that makes it possible to use solid, filled objects. Or
at least a kind of sampled interior which has added to it a ambient and
diffuse property.
--
Farewell,
Bob