POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation : Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation Server Time
15 May 2024 06:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 2 Feb 2003 11:03:05
Message: <3e3d4138@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>
>>>   You should be really careful here. Read povlegal.doc carefully to see
>>> if you can do this.
>>>
>> Please explain the problem.
>
>   Your words seem to imply that your patched version of POV-Ray could be
> published under the GNU GPL. As far as I know, that would be an outrageous
> violation of the POV-Ray distribution license.
>   If you didn't mean that, you should express yourself more clearly and
> unambiguously.

As already pointed out, I meant that my code, when patched into POVRay
is covered by povlegal.doc, so no problem.
There is no way that I could change the license POVRay is covered by.

However, if somebody wants that, he may use the code of the patch
under the GPL (which in turn means that he is not using it together
with POVRay).

Or do you still see any problems?

Wolfgang