POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation : Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:37:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 2 Feb 2003 07:58:51
Message: <3e3d160a@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Another thing is that it would be more in the spirit of POV-Ray to make
> the patch available without the necessity for a request.  Of course no one
> forces you to publish your modifications at all but if you do they should
> be freely available.

No problem, I'm developing GPL software which can be downloaded by
anyone, so it is also "in my spirit" to make it available.
Just that it is highly experimental stuff...
So, I cleaned it up a bit.

The patch is available at
http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/povray/

[Don't take the content of this "home page" seriously. Basically
SOMETHING had to be put there...]

Please note that it patches povray in a way that it will always
use my interpolated tracing -- no non-adaptive or adaptive tracing
unless you change the lines in povray.cpp.

Wolfgang