POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.3 : Re: Pyvon 1.3 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:51:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 1.3
From: Jellby
Date: 28 Jan 2003 18:06:33
Message: <3e370cf9@news.povray.org>
Entre otras cosas, Céline Castel tuvo a bien escribir:

> I have uploaded a new release of Pyvon with the numerous changes below.
>
> As there are quite a few changes, there might be problems with previous
> versions. If so, just uninstall pyvon or delete the directory
> /usr/local/pyvon and reinstall it.

In my system (somewhat modified RedHat 7.3), the .rpm package complains
about not having python >= 2.2 (which I have: python2-2.2.1-2) and xterm
(which was provided by XFree86-4.2.0-8). So I installed the .gz, but pyvon
didn't start, I went to /usr/local/pyvon and substituted "python" with
"python2" in res.py and pyvon. I remember it was a bit of a mess when I
installed python 2.2, because I had to keep python 1.5 for up2grade, that
could be the culprit. I guess there was a link from python to python2,
which I had to delete for up2grade to work... And then there's xterm.

Anyway, it's a useful tool and I'm glad you made it :)

--
Ignacio Fernández Galván
Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)