POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity, Lights and ambient : Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity, Lights and ambient
From: hughes, b
Date: 27 Jan 2003 15:29:11
Message: <3e359697@news.povray.org>
"Christoph" <chr### [at] switzerlandorg> wrote in message
> It should look like a white machine on white floor with white background.
> If you like look at this (real) foto, that's what I'm looking for:
> http://home.tiscalinet.ch/christoph.boos/pov/studer.gif
>
> > Only that your rendering had a oversaturation.
> That means?

That the top part of the machine was totally white, as a photo being
overexposed. Now, having seen that reference picture, it is just about the
same with a completely white top part on the right side. Only that the rest
of it is both plenty bright and dark both.

It isn't what I was starting to expect, based on your description just now
of what you wanted to do. I was thinking you were trying to get a very light
pencil drawing.

What you might have to try is different skies, or place a bright white
sphere or box out of sight of the camera but nearby enough to fake a light
source. In that picture you can see shadows caused by a soft light being
over on the left somewhere.

If you have trouble with the ground plane + sky sphere meeting on the
horizon (that the camera sees) you could use a very large sphere, and clip
it with a plane, for the ground instead. Setting it so the bottom-inside is
where the floor should be.