POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parametric: error: float factor expected but function found instead. : Re: parametric: error: float factor expected but function found instead. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parametric: error: float factor expected but function found instead.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Jan 2003 19:57:38
Message: <3e348402@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e3472c9207607823b54632b0@news.povray.org> , "Liam"
<lnp### [at] healywashingtondcus> wrote:

> I'm not really clear on the syntax, so I've tried variations, but I always
> get this message.  I've tried a couple examples posted in the povray
> newsgroups, and they also gave me this message.  I am using povray
> 3.0.20-10 in Debian Woody (i386).  Any clues?  Can someone post a complete
> (reasonably short) working file with a parametric object usage?

The version of POV-Ray included in Debian is completely outdated (by about
half a decade).  Even worse, it isn't even an official version but some kind
of patched version.

To run any current POV-Ray scene you will need either POV-Ray 3.1 or POV-Ray
3.5 which are available from www.povray.org .

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg