POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : intersystem ship sales and service shop? : intersystem ship sales and service shop? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  intersystem ship sales and service shop?
From: Micheal (Mike) Williams
Date: 26 Jan 2003 12:09:27
Message: <3e341647@news.povray.org>
I have this idea to build a web pages for a business that sells and services
intersystem space craft. Ones that would travel from her to pluto and back.

It will all be fake sort of but it will be put together like it is real.

Anyone could provide a 3d model and description of machanical operation for
a ship that would be sold at the site. Each person submitting a ship would
be a manufacture and would be able to provide many differt models. Like cars
and car companies.

The part that will be critical is that the ships will have to be design to
work for reals. An exampls is you could not claim it uses warp drive because
at the moment warp drives have not even been proven to be possible. Ion
drives have however and could be the drive device. Nuclear drives are also
possible today. basicly if a technology has been proven possible then it can
be used on the ships provided.

My desires are to make the site and the display of ships as realistic as
posible. In fact I would like it so real that we actually get inquaries
about purchases. If some one has enough money to pay all of us to acturally
do the needed research and production then great :) . But I doubt it. Anyway
that is the level of realizm I am thanking about for the ships and the site.
We would even provide an order form for them to fill out.

Does any one wish to be apart of this or am I out in left field picking
daisies whie the baseball rolls by?

Micheal Williams

P.S.
I am the one with the Pots and underwater sub images in p.b.i. i noticed
there are two Mike Williams posting here.