POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object : Re: Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object
From: hughes, b
Date: 26 Jan 2003 06:34:40
Message: <3e33c7d0@news.povray.org>
news:3E339E1F.2AE8F2D9@gmx.de...

> James Patterson wrote:
> >
> > >   The HF_Sphere() macro in shapes.inc has been designed for this
purpose.
> > > See the documentation about standard include files and shapes.inc.
>
> That macros take a function for defining the elevation.  Something like:
>
> #declare fn_Earth=function {
>   pigment {
>     image_map {
>       png "elevation.png"
>       interpolate 2
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> should work.

Should, I guess... doesn't.

I was just trying this out, having seen this thread about HF_Sphere macro,
and I get an error at the first array line in HF_Create, PArr [J][K], says:
vector expected but color expression found.

Nothing I try seems to solve the problem. I set it up in a scene file as
follows:

#declare Function=function {
 pigment {
  image_map {
   png "c:\images\test.png"
  }
 }
}

#declare UseUVheight=1;
#declare UseUVtexture=1;
#declare Res=<10,10>;
#declare Smooth=1;
#declare FileName=""
#declare Center=<0,0,0>;
#declare Radius=1;
#declare Depth=0.1;

#include "shapes.inc"

HF_Sphere
(Function,UseUVheight,UseUVtexture,Res,Smooth,FileName,Center,Radius,Depth)

Going by the Doc on this, I suppose I'm doing everything right.