POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object : Re: Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrapping A Hieght Field Object Around an elipsoid object
From: James Patterson
Date: 25 Jan 2003 19:36:47
Message: <3e332d9f@news.povray.org>
news:3e331921@news.povray.org...
>   The HF_Sphere() macro in shapes.inc has been designed for this purpose.
> See the documentation about standard include files and shapes.inc.

I found that, but am not sure how to use it with my grayscale topographic
map of the earths surface.  The documentation says that the macro does not
use a height field image directly for input and does not tell me how to use
one indirectly.  I can create a planar height field using pov's height field
object and my topographic map just fine.  What am I missing?