POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hdri cube to lat long : Re: hdri cube to lat long Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hdri cube to lat long
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 25 Jan 2003 16:33:14
Message: <3e33029a@news.povray.org>

web.3e31df0b987060fff7d6f5b00@news.povray.org...
>    If you go to the HDRShop site; click on the "Board" tab at the top,
>  you go to the discussion group. Search back to April and you will find
the
> following response to someone with the same problem.

Thanks, I had missed that board somehow.
Well, the method works indeed but I hope someone makes a plugin as it's not
really straightforward.
If someone's interested here are the selection values
(left/top/width/height) for the entire cube (assuming the image size
is 256 x 256) :
front: -256 / -256 / 768 / 1024
right: -512 / -256 / 768 / 1024
back (flip vertically before use) : -256 / -768 / 768 / 1024
left: 0 / -256 / 768 / 1024
up: -256 / 0 / 768 / 1024
down: -256 / -512 / 768 / 1024

Once the images are cropped:
combine up/left/front/right
combine previous + down
combine previous + back

One remaining problem are the visible seams in the final image. I've been
able to remove them by turning off
the interpolation or by using gaussian blur but of course these solutions
are not 100% satisfying. Possibly there's a way to make the images overlap
so more tests are necessary.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com