POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Terragen object : Re: Terragen object Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terragen object
From: hughes, b
Date: 25 Jan 2003 13:41:36
Message: <3e32da60@news.povray.org>
"HFrik" <fri### [at] zonnetnl> wrote in message news:3e327db5@news.povray.org...

> What syntax do you use in Pov-Ray to line up the Pov-Ray camera straight
> a Terragen object scene.

I don't know much about Terragen at all, however I think it uses the z axis
for height instead of y as POV-Ray does. But in looking for info about the
Terragen camera there could be a lot more to a conversion between the
cameras used, see:
 http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/dev/tgcamera.html
If you only need to switch z to y then you could try rotating the objects
togther as a union (possibly also scaling an axis negatively) or set the
'sky' to z.

camera {
    location <3,60,5> // switched z and y
    sky +z
    look_at <0,0,0>
}

If you see the left and right side changed still you might need to make the
x vale negative, or do something beyond what I say here which I can't
elaborate any further.
--
Farewell,
Bob