POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hdri cube to lat long : Re: hdri cube to lat long Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hdri cube to lat long
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Jan 2003 16:02:49
Message: <3e31a9f9@news.povray.org>

web.3e318e63987060ffbf033edd0@news.povray.org...

> 2. loaded five more copies of the same image.

Thanks for trying but... the panoramic transformation only applies to the
current image and doesn't take into account the other 5. Indeed, if if did,
it would at least propose a way to stitch them together (like other panorama
tools). Just try to load 6 different images.
The way I see it - and unless I'm missing something -  this feature is only
useful to create a template cross to be used for the placement of JPEG
images (in another software). The LDR crosses of different exposures are
then used to create the final HDR one. In fact, it sort of makes sense,
since digital cameras don't output HDR images anyway. Possibly it's a
problem only for Terragen users, who are the only ones stuck with a panorama
made of 6 separate HDR pics.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com