POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photons & reflection : Re: photons & reflection Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons & reflection
From: Slime
Date: 23 Jan 2003 18:13:00
Message: <3e3076fc$1@news.povray.org>
> Makes sense - so stelz., the critical thing is to put the media in a
container
> (you don't need to make the container a target - that was a red-herring*)

FYI, the reason that the spotlight works but the photons don't is that
spotlights change the way media is sampled, by forcing the media to take
some samples in the spotlight.

In general, infinite media is a bad idea, in my experience. It never really
works like you expect it to.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]