POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Whatever happened to giram? : Re: Whatever happened to giram? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:40:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whatever happened to giram?
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 23 Jan 2003 14:35:48
Message: <3e304414@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
> Doctor John <jgu### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>
>>Has development of giram stopped?
That would be a pity, because it looked very promising. I also noticed
the stop in the developement, but maybe it's not dead. At least it's
released under the GPL, so if there is enough interest in the povray
community, developement could continue.

>   I think it was Ken who once commented that one of the great things about
> Moray is that modellers supporting POV-Ray come and go, and they seem to
> invariably die, their development stops and they are forgotten, but Moray
> has persisted the dent of time for many many years and is still developed
> actively and probably (and hopefully) will be for long.

This is true, but unfortunately Moray is only for Windows. I would like
to see a hamapatch clone for Linux, if you know any, please tell me.
I've been searching for such a Linux tool for years now.

Regards,
Florian Pesth