POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : defying perspective : Re: defying perspective Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: defying perspective
From: James Taylor
Date: 23 Jan 2003 11:28:08
Message: <3e301818$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, so here's an example of whta I'm trying to achieve.
Take two small(ish) spheres A and B. Place A near to the camera and B a fair
distance from the camera. Both A and B are at the same height above a ground
plane, but due to perspective B will appear lower on the screen than A. How
do I figure how much to vertically translate B by such that it appears at
the same height on the screen as A? (scale is not an issue in this scene)

hoping that all made sense.
thanks
jim