POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyrights! : Re: Copyrights! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyrights!
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Jan 2003 09:29:33
Message: <3e2d594d$1@news.povray.org>

3e2d48c5$1@news.povray.org...
> "Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> > But since our favorite software *** cannot *** be part of the
> > workflow of production houses for well-known reasons,

> Uh, really?
In a nutshell:
POV-Ray SDL as a modelling language : unusable outside POV
POV-Ray as a renderer : no direct support for industry formats (RIB etc.)
This alone leaves 0 room for POV-Ray use in a regular 3D production
workflow.
I'm not mentioning other reasons related to features, speed, training etc.

POV-Ray can be perfectly valuable by other professionals such as teachers,
artists, scientists, architects, designers etc. I'm using it for the
automatic generation and storage of graphs and it's been tremendously useful
in my work.
However, hold no illusions (and build no castles) about its useability in
professional 3D.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com