POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image_map and gamma : Re: image_map and gamma Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map and gamma
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 20 Jan 2003 16:21:31
Message: <3e2c685b@news.povray.org>
ingo wrote:
> in news:3e2aad1a@news.povray.org Vadim Sytnikov wrote:
>

>>So, gentlemen, are there any suggestions? As to me, the only feasible
>>solution I can think of is to add support for "gamma <value>" to the
>>image_map statement.
>

> Maybe also for the heightfield object.
>
> Even nicer would be if we could manipulate images with functions ...

Uh, can't you?

I'd think that the information in an image is just so many numbers that
you could convert to a function and manipulate as you would any other
pattern.

Or are you talking about some kind of post-processing for images that
POV-Ray creates? In that case, yes, you'll have to wait until MegaPOV
gets its post-processing filters back, unless you want to feed the image
back into POV-Ray as an image map, point an orthographic camera at it,
and try to manipulate it that way...

-Xplo