POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Colour-flip bug? : Re: Colour-flip bug? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour-flip bug?
From: Slime
Date: 16 Jan 2003 16:12:37
Message: <3e272045$1@news.povray.org>
> I can't believe it ! Someone assumed that the checker patern was much
> more used with a horizontal plane than with a vertical one ?

My mistake. The texture is actually internally translated by
<-0.001,-0.001,-0.001>. Some of those may be positive, I don't know for
sure.

> I find it rather strange that this correction is internaly code, since
> we (users) are used to do corrections ourselves (in case of intersection
>   between objects, things like that). Is this documented somewhere ? I
> guess we all assumed cubes went from 0 to 1, and so on...

Thing is, if they didn't do it, hundreds of new users trying out their first
simple reflective-sphere-on-checkered-plane scene would complain to them,
saying it was a bug.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]