POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for next release : Re: Suggestion for next release Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for next release
From: Mike Williams
Date: 16 Jan 2003 03:15:03
Message: <3e266a07@news.povray.org>
As for the blinking problem I do not care one way or another. I have never
pause my renderings.

I do agree with Fernando in that many many times I have posted in a news
group and got flippant or other comments that sounded more like I was
wasting time making a comment. I have now just assumed that there will be
those that just pop off a reply with out actually reading and thanking about
the post.

Not everyone is that skilled with the internet nor  been online or on the
newsgroup for ever or knows "proper posting manners" I got screamed at once
for where I put my reply, above or below the other persons text. I still can
not tell you where I should be typing. I have seen it here where a post in
the wrong area and the whole thread is about where the dumb poster should
have put it. Instead it should have been only a small note with no other
posts.

This happens in every newsgroup I have viewed. At least here it is less
common and most replies are polite. In a lightwave newsgroup some fellow
asked a question and the replies where an interrogation over the legality of
the posters copy of the software. I just deleted a post form POV.general
because just after I had given up searching for the answer and posted I
found the answer in the pov doc.

My word of encouragement is try to remember the vast range of knowledge of
those posting before you decide to reply with criticism.

Thanks for letting me waste your time with another unnecessary post.

:)