POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... : Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Jan 2003 13:19:23
Message: <3e25a62b@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Sorry, missed it. A slightly better way of doing it might be to select the
> dividing line which is closest to a point representing the average of the
> four corners. I doubt it would make a noticeable difference, however.

For that matter, I could easily just create four instead of two triangles
and
use the average of the four corners as a vertex for each of the four
triangles. This way of looking for closest connection I found somewhere
on the net, and when using smooth_triangles, most issues with this quad-
splitting are solved anyways.

If you've got any other suggestions, I'm open for almost anything,
and you know where to find me...

Regards,
Tim

--