POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... : Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released...
From: Shay
Date: 15 Jan 2003 12:40:01
Message: <3e259cf1$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

: Tim Nikias:
:   That's a side-effect I can't easily handle. If that
:   information had to be inserted somewhere into the
:   array, it wouldn't be as easy of use as it is.

You wouldn't need the information in the array, but you would need a switch
perameter in each macro. I agree with you that this may very well be less
intuitive for the user.

: Tim Nikias:
:   but that quad-splitting...
:   I've implemented it so that the shorter cross-section
:   will be used for the triangulation, instead of an always
:   lowerleft-upperright (or reverse) splitting. What's
:   wrong with that?

Sorry, missed it. A slightly better way of doing it might be to select the
dividing line which is closest to a point representing the average of the
four corners. I doubt it would make a noticeable difference, however.

 -Shay