POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... : Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh-Modifying-Macros released...
From: Shay
Date: 15 Jan 2003 10:03:06
Message: <3e25782a$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> ...and I'd like to hear some comments, if anyone actually
> has use for it. Never sure about that last part... :-)

Very cool stuff. The docs are quite nice. My suggestions for a future
release would be optimized quad splitting and a few examples of array
creation for those who might not immediately grasp the concept.

One very small problem is that your macros write out unneeded duplicate
vertices for cylinder and torus shaped meshes. Not a big deal, but it adds
just a small amount to the parse time.

 -Shay