POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flocking : Flocking Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Flocking
From: Andrew
Date: 10 Jan 2003 21:26:05
Message: <3e1f80bd@news.povray.org>
I've been playing around with flocking, using a simple system where the
"birds" try and end up at the centre of the flock, head in the same
direction as the flock, and keep away from each other.  Each influence
is simply added to the birds' velocites - they rotate to point to where
they want to go, they simply move straight there.  However, I can't seem
to get it right - my birds either end up in clumps or wander randomly on
their own.  Has anyone produced a working flocking algorithm in Pov?
I'd be interested to see the code.

TiA

Andrew