POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warning: No pigment type given. : Re: Warning: No pigment type given. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: No pigment type given.
From: Tom Melly
Date: 10 Jan 2003 10:48:50
Message: <3e1eeb62$1@news.povray.org>
"Timothy R. Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message

> That doesn't make any sense.  If I have a CSG such that
>
> Union[textureA]
>    Sub-objectA[textureB]
>    Sub-objectB[textureC]
>    Sub-objectC[no texture]
>
> Then it would make sense to have sub-objects A and B use the textures
> that are specifically assigned to them, but C use texture A because
> that's what's given for the overall CSG...you would have it ignore a
> texture specifically assigned to a sub-object.

No - where a texture component is specified I would have it used. What *I* would
like is unspecified components (e.g. the normal, pigment, or finish) of
sub-objects to inherit that component from the default texture of the union.

It still potentially creates a problem, but not, I think, the problem you raise.