POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : links : Re: links Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: links
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Jan 2003 14:32:51
Message: <3e1dce63@news.povray.org>
In article <3e1dc924$1@news.povray.org> , "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

> 1) Links databases are not as useful as they were : I used to go there a lot
> a few years ago, but today, simple google searches can return much more (and
> more updated) relevant links than a human-maintained list can.

But Google searches only work because of these link collections.  Remember
that Google ranking is based to a major part on the links pointing to a site
and the links a site makes to other sites.  So you remove the link
collections, you change Google ranking!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde