POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.2 : Re: Pyvon 1.2 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 1.2
From: Peter
Date: 8 Jan 2003 14:35:36
Message: <3e1c7d87@news.povray.org>
this quote from HENON fabien of Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 3:10 am:

> Things you might try :
>
> - Run pyvon as root

su to root
run pyvon from Konsole in KDE
black streams box flashes up, then disappears
pyvon window never appears
(ie same as when run as a user)

> - Check you reading permissions on the Insert directory

All files in the Insert directory have permissions 666, ie
-rw-rw-rw- and are owned by root.

> - Move all your folders and files from the Insert directory to a backup
> directory ( just leave the 'Insert' with nothing in it), run pyvon

pyvon starts ok (nothing in the insert menu, of course)

> - Move all your folders and files from the Insert directory to a backup
> directory except for one folder and all its files, run pyvon

One folder >00 - Scene templates< in Insert directory containing its 7
files, no other folders or files.
Pyvon starts, and has only Scene templates in the insert menu.

> - Move all your folders and files from the Insert directory to a backup
> directory except for one *.pov file located in the Insert directory, run
> pyvon

There are no .pov files installed in the Insert directory, so I copied
lamp.pov across.  Test done with no other files or directories in the
Insert directory.
Pyvon won't start, same as before - just flashes the black streams box.
Also, it gives the same result if there is just one .txt file in the Insert
directory and nothing else.

I also tried with all 22 directories (and their contents) in the Insert
directory.  Pyvon starts ok.

I hope this helps you debug the programme.

regards

Peter