POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : mlpov0.82 with halton for radiosity : mlpov0.82 with halton for radiosity Server Time
30 Jun 2024 20:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  mlpov0.82 with halton for radiosity
From: Mael
Date: 7 Jan 2003 13:08:29
Message: <3e1b179d$1@news.povray.org>
I quickly patched mlpov to include the halton distribution for radiosity.
You can download the win binary :
http://195.221.122.126/mlpov82-win-bin.zip (923 ko)

I'm not good at building radiosity test scenes (I'm not good at building
scenes at all :) so I can't really be sure that halton is better , So feel
free to try it with your radiosity scenes for low/mid/high count, your
comments are very welcome !

To activate the halton sequence instead of pov3.5 distribution :
#version unofficial mlpov 0.82;
radiosity {
  halton
  ..
}
if you use halton you can specify count > 1600

More test images with the scene from Jerome Colin :
http://195.221.122.126/samples/erreur_images2.html
(Warning, 6 png images = 350 ko, no jpg to avoid any compression artifacts)
to see differences between images you can download them and use an image
browser to quickly switch from one to another