POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3DWIN link dead : Re: 3DWIN link dead Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3DWIN link dead
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Jan 2003 14:14:34
Message: <3e19d59a$1@news.povray.org>

news: 3e19bdde@news.povray.org...

> PoseRay will convert Xfrog models just fine btw.  In fact, it'll convert
> anything afaik that's an obj...;)

In fact the latest official Xfrog version I worked with had some really
annoying issues with the OBJ export (texture hierarchies were ignored in
some cases, MTL files were incomplete etc.) so that 3DS export was a better
and more consistent option. I know that the OBJ export was being rewritten
from scratch but I don't know what build is now up for download.
With a fully functional OBJ export from Xfrog, Poseray is indeed a good
alternative to 3DWin. The preview feature and the texture search feature are
extremely handy for complex models with many image maps.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com