POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture Library 4.0 available : Re: Texture Library 4.0 available Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Library 4.0 available
From: Rene Schwietzke
Date: 6 Jan 2003 08:53:06
Message: <3e198a42$1@news.povray.org>
news:3E198425.B4C567A2@gmx.de...
> > It is HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS 1.0/2.0. It was my intention to produce
clean
> > and lean HTML code, there are enough good browsers for all platforms, so
> > do not want to support the old Netscape stuff anymore. Mozilla 1.2,
Netscape
> > 6 and 7, IE 5,5.5,6.0 are fine.
>
> Well, it is of course up to you how to design the page but i meant i did
> not recognize any elements in your page that seem impossible to be created
> in a way not messing up the page in NS 4.x.  Of ocurse not everything will
> be visible in NS 4.x as in newer browsers but it could be usable.
Texlib uses CSS and does not store any design information in the html code.
Because of the lack of css support and a lot of defects in Netscape 4.7, it
would be necessary to create the pages differently (more tables, more design
info in the code). It also does not implement the HTML 4.0 standard very
well.

Please accept my apologies for not supporting Netscape 4. Any reasons for
using it?

Rene
--
Rene Schwietzke