POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Sampling in pov3.5 : Re: Sampling in pov3.5 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:37:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sampling in pov3.5
From: Mael
Date: 3 Jan 2003 09:56:45
Message: <3e15a4ad$1@news.povray.org>
> http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/files/samples_simpov.png

it looks good, does it take a long time to create this distribution ?
Anyway, as far as radiosity speed is concerned it would be more interesting to
find a way to make better use of the existing directions rather than adding
more call to trace() :) For example would it be possible to use an adaptive
number of samples ? it seems that when we specify "count 1600" povray will
always shoot 1600 rays at samples locations, although there are probably some
places where less rays are needed... The focal blur uses confidence/variance
to decide when to stop sending rays. Do you think we can do something like
this for radiosity ?