POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion : Re: MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 3 Jan 2003 03:14:53
Message: <3e15467d$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm sorry, i did not mean to hurt your feelings,

You didn't, you are completely without guilt.
You weren't driving this conversation.

> I'd like only to know why many renderers
> (Lightwave, Cinema4d, Brazil, FinalRender,
> MentalRay, VirtualLight etc.) have the reflection_blur
> while no POV.

Because POV is able to do it within SDL (the Scene Description Language) and
doesn't actually need an internal code for it. Besides, the patch from
MegaPOV has some limits, one being that you can't stretch the blur in any
direction, but I'm not sure this is a good reason to exclude it.. Another
reason is that, apparently it's not until now that Ron Parkers trick is
releaved to have a speed problem.

Hugo