POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion : Re: MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.0 suggestion
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Jan 2003 18:04:20
Message: <3e1373f4@news.povray.org>
> You *don't need* the high-quality AA to get
> a blur with this technique, and 3 samples are far
> too few.

I know, and I was not using high-quality AA on the render with 3 averaged
normals, just a decent AA so the rest of the scene looks ok: +AM2 +A0.1
+R2 -J.

Now I tried to increase the amount of averaged normals. I started a render
with 64 samples and another one with 32 samples. Both of them are actually
incredibly slow, with or without AA. My original approch was definitely the
fastest, and looks smooth. Will you be willing to accept that?

Friendly greeting,
Hugo