POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : XFrog 3.5 : Re: XFrog 3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XFrog 3.5
From: ZSpider
Date: 31 Dec 2002 13:08:03
Message: <3e11dd03$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran
> Just use the 3DS export instead of the OBJ. There's a fix coming up for
the
> OBJ anyway (it looks like this format is giving some trouble to people who
> write importers and exporters).

*********
Thanks, Gilles!  I was looking for a good reason to try out Xfrog, but
lack of POVray compatibility was a minus.  I'll give it a shot.  Being a
newbie, I've not had good luck with conversions, however.  Seems like
I oftentimes lose the textures and colorings that make the model appealing.

Thanks again, Miker