POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Understanding image maps on spheres : Re: Understanding image maps on spheres Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Understanding image maps on spheres
From: jbbarnes
Date: 30 Dec 2002 06:23:21
Message: <3e102ca9$1@news.povray.org>
>   I think the problem is that you are using the default planar mapping.
> Try using map_type on the image_map statement to set it to spherical.

Jaime,

I tried spherical, but it did not give the right effect. Everything looked
like it was in a fish-eye lens, with the center very magnified and
distorted. Using planar gives the right effect (a nice, flat, picture) but
is just difficult for me to figure out the logic of how it positions the
image within the sphere.