POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : library macro access violation error : Re: library macro access violation error Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: library macro access violation error
From: ZSpider
Date: 29 Dec 2002 10:52:21
Message: <3e0f1a35$1@news.povray.org>
ZSpider  wrote
> I'm trying to run Gilles's library_new.pov file and it's generating
> an access violation exception.  I changed the path for the fonts
> file to WINNT and changed all the font calls to Arial, since I didn't
> have some of the others he used.  I also checked access privileges
> on the fonts and they are read-only, but surely that's good enough.

***********
I have some more information on the above.  For one, I found that
after I got one access violation, absolutely nothing would run, and,
like it suggested but I at first ignored, I had to shut it down and
restart it to get back to square one.

I found another mistake I was making.  I had gone through all the
make files and searched for *.ttf and replaced it with Arial so that
it wouldn't snag on any of the ones I didn't have.  But I believe that
Gilles (that sneaky devil) put a random call in to the fonts.txt file,
so I slashed the font.txt file down to one single line:

"C:\winnt\fonts\arial.ttf"

It still won't fly.  I get an error called out in the little blue message
window and then an access violation popup.  When I click OK on
the popup, the error in the message window disappears.  Here is
what it says before it disappears:

File:  fonts.txt   Line:  1
#while (defined(fFonts))
                 #read(fFonts,dummy"c:winnt\fonts\arial.ttf"  <----ERROR
Parse Error:  Illegal sequence in string.

Does that throw up any red flags to where somebody can see what
my problem is?

Thanks again, miker