POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.? : Re: Pyvon 1.? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:47:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 1.?
From: Peter
Date: 25 Dec 2002 03:46:02
Message: <3e09704a@news.povray.org>
Peter wrote:
> Daniel Matthews wrote:
>> What happens when you run it from a console
>> python /usr/local/pyvon/d25.py
>
> good idea - this gives a message;
> $ python /usr/local/pyvon/d25.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/pyvon/d25.py", line 2234, in ?
>     menu1.add_command(label=x[:-4],command= lambda nom=longname :
> insert_example(nom),font=police)
> NameError: name 'menu1' is not defined
> $

If I take the menu1= statement from line 2234) and put it before the if
statement above it
 if os.path.isdir(longname) :
then pyvon starts !  This is obviously not the fix, as the insert pull down
menu disappears as soon as I select it, making it v difficult to use.  But
the other pull down menus function ok.

Sorry, I don't know programming (not even python) but hopefully this gives
enough of a clue to someone who does know about this stuff.

Peter