POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.? : Re: Pyvon 1.? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:42:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 1.?
From: Peter
Date: 24 Dec 2002 03:42:06
Message: <3e081ddd@news.povray.org>
Daniel Matthews wrote:

> Whatha! I'm running MDK 9.0 (with KDE updated via cooker to 3.1) and it
> works fine. I will need to see the full output of the install to know what
> is wrong. Did you run the rpm command as root, from a shell? Did you run
> pyvon as root from a shell? What messages did you get?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help out with this.

The install script shows a whole pile of file names, but no errors.  I ran
this as root (su from a Konsole in KDE 3.0.3).

Running the rpm command as root gives a stream of messages like this ...
-------------------------------
warning: user fabien does not exist - using root
warning: group fabien does not exist - using root
[...]
----------------------
but more lines identical to these.
First time round, I clicked on the rpm in Konqueror, and package manager
gave similar messages, plus one about an error before it dissappeared.  (Is
there a way of getting package manager messages back?  eg an install log)
Just now, I ran the rpm again as root in a Konsole to get the above
messages.  So I've tried it with package manager and from command line.

Runing pyvon as root gives a similar result to before (ie Xstream window
flashes up then disappears), except this is displayed momentarily ...

I notice /usr/local/pyvon has these files
c97.py  d20.py  d25.py  pyvon  res.py
and that res.py runs d25.py .

TIA

Peter