POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with POV 3.5 Linux : Re: Problems with POV 3.5 Linux Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with POV 3.5 Linux
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Dec 2002 10:57:24
Message: <3e05e0e4$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e05df92@news.povray.org> , Steve Martin <ecp### [at] bellsouthnet>
wrote:

> I'm trying to download and install the Linux binary of POV-Ray 3.5
> onto my RedHat 7.3 system. However, each time I try, gzip complains
> about CRC errors in the file. (It complains also over the source
> file.) As nearly as I can tell, there is no corruption, since the
> byte count of my downloaded file agrees with that shown on the
> server, and I've tried this with two different FTP clients as well
> as via HTTP transfer with Mozilla, but I get the same results each
> time.

This won't help you if you are accessing it via some proxy server.  Make
sure you really get the file from povray.org.  The files on povray.org are
known to be OK and have been downloaded successfully by thousands of users
without problems.  So the problem is somewhere on your side, and the only
person who can help you is, well, you.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg