POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blending effects... : Re: Blending effects... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blending effects...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Dec 2002 15:08:06
Message: <3e022726@news.povray.org>
But that was exactly the effect I was looking for!

In 3D-Engines, these particles are just thrown onto
a rendered image and brighten the image, a lot of
particles get very bright (some more enhanced engines
blend between colors when things are getting bright,
causing neat color effects), a few stay dark.

Spotlights was an idea that seemed very useful, but
it throws shadows or lights up all objects in its path,
except when using light-groups in a very complicated
and difficult manner in order to get the correct spotlights
for the correct objects...

Nobody played Soul Reaver, Vampire, Descent or
such? Freespace, Aquanox, anything? All these use that
technique! I'm pretty much sure that almost any 3D-Engine
of today does that...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde