POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! : Re: Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!!
From: Jellby
Date: 19 Dec 2002 08:59:36
Message: <3e01d0c7@news.povray.org>
gonzo wrote:

> Along the same lines, it's obvious that a little trig could go a long way
> in POV. Can someone recommend a beginning book or reference on
> trigonometric functions that can be handled by a non-mathmatical
> sub-genious? Something that at least explains all the terms used in the
> docs?
>
> RG - Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not a mathmetician!

Well, I learnt trigonometry in the high school, where everyone had to learn
it: artist as well as mathematicians ;)

You could start here:
http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/trig/ (uses java)
or here:
http://www.colorado-research.com/~gourlay/trig-tutorial/

--

Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)
PGP Pub Key ID: 0x01A95F99 (pgp.escomplinux.org)