POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Mar 2008 15:00:49
Message: <3dmiu3hqq2mt8hnoma9aq1nihm32g3uno9@4ax.com>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:36:05 EST, "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:11:37 EST, "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > 90% of mankind are sheep and are lost without a sheppherd.
>>
>> Funny that the only people who say that are only too willing to put
>> themselves forward as shepherds or guardians of our morals.
>
>I certainly am not well suited for that task.

You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment.

>> That is so offensive to the ordinary working person. We need our
>> betters to tell us what to do, I don't think!
>
>I apologise.  I'm as much of a sinner as anyone else.  But perhaps you say that
>because we're part of those 10% free-thinkers.

Sorry, I was brought up a Presbyterian who was taught that you don't
need anyone to stand between you and your morals. I realise that this
is not the same for everyone.
But to say that the vast majority of people need to be told how to
live is elitism. IMO The vast majority of people need food and an
education and not to be oppressed.
And as for being as much of a sinner as anyone else. Then stop being
one and that includes the sins of making people believe in your small
god and starting sentences with and or but. (A particular failing of
mine.) But I don't think that I'll go to Hell because of it. " 'Cause
this is Hell nor am I out of it."

--

Regards
     Stephen