POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1 : Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1 Server Time
30 Jun 2024 20:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 13 Dec 2002 17:58:22
Message: <3dfa660e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Christoph,

Having used Sim-POV for a short while, there are a couple of things I'd like to be
able to do,
that aren't (I don't think) possible at the moment:

1) Being able to assign a seperate texture for each group (when faces are assigned),
rather
than everything having the same MSim_Tex_Mesh. Would it be possible to assign the
texture
within the topology of each group?

2) When faces are turned on in, for eg. MechSim_Generate_Grid_Std(), would it be
possible to
have a smooth mesh on the surface of the resulting boxes (with the edges obviously
staying
sharp)?

//-------------
Also:
I'd like to create a letter 'T' shape (or other permutations of connected shapes), but
it's
not immediately obvious to me how to link together 2 or more blocks of grids. Any
ideas how
I'd go about this? I think it's probably the method you used in your example anim that
had a
sort of crane in it.

All the best,

Andy Cocker