POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : pvmpovray35 release : Re: pvmpovray35 release Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pvmpovray35 release
From: Matthew Grove
Date: 12 Dec 2002 00:53:53
Message: <3df82471@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:14:04 +1300, Warp wrote:

>   By the way, I wouldn't like to start a sermon about programming
>   guidelines,
>   For some reason many programmers have the odd idea that a header file
>   is
> a file where you declare all types and constants, regardless of where
> they are used. This is certainly not the purpose of a header file.
>
>   Sorry, couldn't help myself... :)

I didn't write the original, I just did enough to get the thing to work
with 3.5. Quite frankly, POV-Ray and the PVM patch have enough holes to
drive a fairly large truck through.
However, I do agree that in theory, only 'public' stuff should go in the
header files, but sometimes it is not always that simple...

Matthew.