POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reflector design : Re: reflector design Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflector design
From: hughes, b
Date: 11 Dec 2002 21:17:59
Message: <3df7f1d7@news.povray.org>
"Howard Chu" <hyc### [at] highlandsuncom> wrote in message
news:3DF### [at] highlandsuncom...

> Has anyone developed any models to describe an automotive headlight bulb
> light source, to trace the illumination/beam pattern of a headlamp
> housing? This would seems like a neat way to experiment with alternate
> reflector designs.

Someone asked about analyzing light intensity from a lightbeam reflector not
too long ago. They provided the idea and I gave my answer. Guess I'll post
that script to p.t.s-f since it looks like I never did. Adding a refractive
lens and reshape the reflector used wouldn't be difficult.