POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text Object bug v3.5 : Re: Text Object bug v3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text Object bug v3.5
From: Dick Conley
Date: 11 Dec 2002 18:49:52
Message: <3df7cf20$1@news.povray.org>
news:3df7bd31@news.povray.org...
> In article <3df7b32c@news.povray.org> , "Dick Conley"
> <dic### [at] localaccesscom> wrote:
>
> > I am running POV-Ray for Windows v3.5
> > My operating system is Windows 98
> > My processor is AMD ATHLON 1GHz
> > Memory is 256 MB
> >
> > When POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\scenes\advanced\object_pattern.pov is
rendered
> > the descending portion of the red 'y' in POV-Ray is clipped off leaving
only
> > a 'v'.
> >
> > The timrom.ttf font is good.
> >
> > To see the problem better replace the 'y' with a lower case 'g'.
>
> I don't see what you are up to.  I suggest you supply a _minimal_ scene
> which shows what you think is the problem.
>
>     Thorsten

You have the entire scene. It is part of the POV-Ray package.

Start POV-Ray
Click on the Open icon
 The Open dialog box appears
  Click on POV-Ray for Windows v3.5
  Double click on scenes
  Double click on advanced
  Double click on object_pattern.pov
You now have the scene.
Click on the Run icon

You will see that the bottom of the lower case letter 'y' in POV-Ray has
been cut off leaving a 'v'.

On about line 89, change POV-Ray to POV-Rag.
Save
Run again
You will see that the 'g' is cut off also.

The text command apparently clips all descenders.

Dick