POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text stream to file : Re: Text stream to file Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text stream to file
From: hughes, b
Date: 10 Dec 2002 13:16:08
Message: <3df62f68@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote in message

> what i want to know: is there an option so that pov automatically names
that
> file like the input file (only with a different extension). this would
> prevent the stream file from being overwritten if i render another image
in
> the same folder.

Have a read of the section just prior to 5.2.5; which is 5.2.4, of course.

You could copy, or rename it using Post_Scene_Command=command.com /c ren
render.out %s.txt

I think that would be right. Idea is to run the command interpreter and use
the scene's filename as the text file name.

You'll need to have I/O restrictions off in Options.