POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CMPG63m frontend for CMPEG DOS-utility discontinued : Re: CMPG63m frontend for CMPEG DOS-utility discontinued Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CMPG63m frontend for CMPEG DOS-utility discontinued
From: hughes, b
Date: 8 Dec 2002 22:24:29
Message: <3df40ced@news.povray.org>
"Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> And what is CMPG63M? Something for encoding MPG movies? I'm kind of a
> commandline freak, so I'd like to know...
>
> "Sander" <sa### [at] nder> wrote in message
> >
> > As a side effect of re-shuffling the domains I have, stols.net is
> > discontinued. This means no more CMPG63M !
> >
> > I don't think this is a disaster as the DOS utility is probably no
> > longer of much use anyway...

Oh. Hmmm. I still use it every once in a while. Hopefully it won't be missed
too much but it might be.

It's a graphical user interface for the command line utility called CMPEG,
which puts together mpeg1 files from POV output frames. A convenience for
the GUI-inclined persons, but also allows you to preview the animation and
edit encoding parameters. The differences are like night and day between the
two ways of going about using CMPEG.

I found the web page still cached at google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=cmpg63m

Sorry to hear about this, Sander!