POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making this Christmas ornament look more real : Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 5 Dec 2002 16:56:20
Message: <3defcb84$1@news.povray.org>
jfmiller <jfm### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Would you mind sharing how you made the wax part of the candle?  I'm mainly
> interested in textures and interior.  How did you get a translucent candle?

It is partially transparent and filled with scattering media.
the relevant code is below, but it is still from MegaPOV, so the media
might behave differently in Pov 3.5.

merge{
 cylinder{0,y*.2,.02}
 torus{.018,.002 scale <1,2,1> translate y*.2}
 double_illuminate
 pigment{color rgb 1 filter .5}
 finish{brilliance 1.5 specular .4 diffuse .6}
 normal{bozo 1 scale <.2,1,.2> scale .1}
 interior{
  ior 1.4
  media{
   method 1
   scattering{1, color rgb 50 extinction .5}
  }
 }
}

Lutz-Peter