POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Camera Fadeover : Re: Camera Fadeover Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:58:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera Fadeover
From: Alan Holding
Date: 2 Dec 2002 13:53:03
Message: <3debac0f@news.povray.org>
That's something I do a lot.  You'll need Chris Colefax's Clock Mod macros to do
it:

//  Switch
#local do_lens_cap=yes;

//  Camera
#local camloc=<-75,30,0>;
camera {
  perspective
  location camloc
  right x*image_width up y*image_height
  angle 25
  look_at <0,1,0>
}

//  Lens cap!
#if (do_lens_cap)
  sphere {
    camloc 1
    pigment {rgbf <1,1,1,From (0,0) To_Using (0.025,1,"A") To (0.975,1) To_Using
    finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0}
    hollow on
    no_shadow
  }
#end

The only side effect is that scenes rendered at a quality setting of less than
six (+q6) will be nothing but black...